- "These close-quarters specialists are just as great to make a noisy entrance as they are at dropping bad guys with their ferocious heavy rounds."
- ―Max Payne 3 - Shotguns video description.
Shotguns are a class of firearm that is usually designed to be fired from the shoulder, which uses the energy of a fixed shell to fire a number of small spherical pellets.
Characteristics[edit | edit source]
All shotguns can do much damage. Unlike other firearms, such as handguns and rifles, the shotguns use a special kind of bullet, known as a shell, that spreads into metal pieces when it is shot at the target.
List of shotguns[edit | edit source]
- Pump-Action Shotgun (Max Payne and Max Payne 2)
- Sawed-Off Shotgun (Max Payne, Max Payne 2 and Max Payne 3)
- Jackhammer (Max Payne)
- Striker (Max Payne 2)
- Hammerhead auto-shotgun (Max Payne 3)
- M4 Super 90 (Max Payne 3)
- M500 (Max Payne 3)
- Super Sport (Max Payne 3)
- SPAS-15 (Max Payne 3)
Known shotguns wielders[edit | edit source]
- Max Payne
- B.B. Hensley
- Vincent Gognitti
- Jack Lupino
- Boris Dime
- Vince Mugnaio
- Comando Sombra
- Crachá Preto
- DeMarco Crime Family
- United Souls of the People
- Tropa Z