- "No, no, please, God, no!"
- ―Max Payne sees his daughter's lifeless body.
Rose was born on February 4, 1998 to Max and Michelle Payne.
On August 22, 1998, three green jumpsuit-wearing valkyr-pumped maniacs break into the Payne family's New Jersey house and wreck havoc, destroying property and holding Rose's terrified mother in her bedroom. Her father arrives at home at the moment of its invasion and hears his wife screaming in terror for help. Although the detective rushes to her aid and kills the invaders, he arrives too late and, to his terror, finds Michelle and their daughter shot dead. She was only six months when she died.
After her death, Rose was buried along with her mother at the Golgotha Cemetery.
Rose's and her mother's deaths deeply affected her father Max, the sole survivor of the massacre. Rose's death drove Max to find and bring justice to the people responsible, leading him to join the Drug Enforcement Administration and work to build the Valkyr trafficking case. After three years of investigation, he starts undercover work in the Punchinello Crime Family.
Eventually, Max, with the help of the one-eyed senator Alfred Woden, discovered that the Aesir Corporation CEO, Nicole Horne, was the one who ordered the deaths of the Payne family. Max stormed into the Aesir Corporation HQ, killing Horne in a final showdown on the building's roof.
Behind the scenesEdit
The name of Payne's daughter, Rose, was first revealed only in "After the Fall", a Max Payne 3 comic issue released 11 years after the first game. Her name was left unknown in the original Max Payne. It was implied in a surreal moment in Max Payne 2 through a child's drawings of her family that closely resembles Max Payne's life, by a five year-old girl named Rose.
- Max Payne
- Max Payne 3
- Ain't No Reprievement Gonna Be Found Otherwise (Gravestone only)
- Max Payne 3 comics
- Rose is the first Character to get killed in the Max Payne series.
- Rose is also the youngest character that has died in the series as she is only six months old at time of her death.
- Rose lived from February 4th, 1998-August 22nd, 1998, making her six months at the time of her death and on the February 4, 2012 she would be 14 years old.
|Max Payne • Alex Balder • B.B. • Jim Bravura • Vincent Gognitti • Nicole Horne • Mona Sax • Vladimir Lem • Jack Lupino • Michelle Payne • Angelo Punchinello • Alfred Woden