- "Interfectum 600mg. A serious painkiller for serious pain."
Painkillers are tablets used to the soothe the pain. Max Payne often uses them to mitigate his suffering and allow him to keep going forward killing his enemies. Painkillers come in 600mg doses.
- Max Payne
- Mona Sax
- Jim Bravura
- Raul Passos
- Various enemy gangsters or commandos (assumed, as they carry the pills and stash them with weapons)
Behind the scenes
- In Max Payne and Max Payne 2 each container of painkillers heals about 20% of health, but does it over time, and it may take a few seconds for a complete recovery. In the Dead Man Walking mode, one is healed instantly.
- You can only carry 9 painkillers at a time, their number shown next to the health silhouette and the Bullet Time meter.
- Although they are an intrinsic part of the games, there is no mention of the painkillers in the Max Payne film.
- In Max Payne 3 each painkiller is required to enter the Last Man Standing mechanic if fatally wounded by the person who hit them.
- Similar to Max Payne 3 single player mode, all players in multiplayer can use painkillers and go into Last Man Standing if wounded and holding painkillers and ammo.
- ↑ Bravura takes some painkillers during a graphic novel cutscene.
- ↑ Player can use painkillers playing for Passos in Payne Killer mode (Max Payne 3 multiplayer).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.