Boasting a high rate of fire, high damage, good accuracy and an abundance of ammo, there is really no drawback for using it aside from a slight inaccuracy aat range. The Kalashnikov is one of the two assault rifles available in Max Payne 2. The Kalashnikov is in many ways identical to the M4 carbine, boasting identical firepower, fire rate, and ammo capacity. However, the M4 is slightly superior since it has perfect accuracy which the Kalashnikov lacks.
- The Kalashnikov kills in two or three hits. Headshots are relatively common since the gun is reliably accurate at closer ranges.
Behind the scenes
- "Kalashnikov" is an alternative name of the AK-47 rifle, titled after its creator Mikhail Kalashnikov.
- However, it can be seen in the game that the weapon is a chinese Type 56 variant of the Kalashnikov. It can be identified by its hooded front sight.
- Max Payne 2 (as the primary weapon of Mike "The Cowboy" in Part I, Chapter 2: A Criminal Mastermind. It is absent from most of Part I, however ammo becomes abundant in Part II and III)
- It has been spotted in the the debut trailer for Max Payne 3.