- "In the land of the blind the one-eyed man is king."
- ―Max describing Woden's position
Max arrives at the Asgard Building and is greeted by Alfred Woden, who gives Max the name of his enemy: Nicole Horne, and reveals she is head of the Aesir Corporation. After Max learns of this information in a meeting with the Inner Circle, they reveal that they will clear all of the charges made against him in exchange for killing Horne. At that moment, the Killer Suits enter the room and begin killing off the Inner Circle members and Max jumps out the window.
Max then re-enters the building via the cellar, kills several mercenaries before finding a security monitor, and sees that Alfred Woden had survived the massacre. A few bullets later, Max finds Woden's office and a tape with an extortion note attached to it, suggesting Horne was blackmailing the Inner Circle into silence. Woden had left behind the blueprints of the Aesir Headquarters building and its elevator system, marking critical areas for Max. He then heads to the lower levels of the building, killing any remaining mercenaries and Killer Suits who try to stop him, and goes into the basement levels of the building.
On the PS2 version, this chapter is divided into three sub-chapters: In the Land of the Blind, Providing a Service and A Sci-Fi Fortress.
Other Character Appearances
Complete 'Part III Chapter 5: In The Land Of The Blind' on any difficulty
- At one point there will be two mercenaries discussing the best movie ending. One will say Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid and the other will claim he has never heard of it. They will then discuss The Usual Suspects and Se7en. One of them will then suggest "Freakin' Zombie Demons From Outer Space."
- The start of this chapter differs depending on which version is played: the console or PC version. In the console version, Max automatically runs into the cellar in a cutscene, while in the PC version the courtyard can be explored.
- In this chapter Max can find a room where there is a couch and a round carpet on the floor. On the opposite wall of the couch, there is a painting on the wall. If Max shoots the painting, a button will appear which opens the entrance to Alfred Woden's secret room.