This article is about the Max Payne 3 multiplayer map, you may be looking for the in-universe location.
- "The final resting place of Max’s young wife and daughter, Cemetery represents the tragic past Max cannot forget. With a wintry New York City skyline, sniping positions amongst the monuments, destructible tombstones, circular fighting arenas in a rotunda garden and a looming mausoleum, it makes a fitting final home for your enemies."
As a pre-orderEdit
Cemetery was the first Max Payne 3 multiplayer map revealed to the public, done so in a November 22nd, 2011, Rockstar newspost. An early access to the map, "weeks before it is made available to the general public," was announced as a pre-order bonus when placing an order via the retailer GameStop.
Tombstones for fansEdit
In March of 2012, "Be Caught Dead in Max Payne 3" sweepstakes were announced where Max Payne fans from eligible countries could try their luck winning a tombstone in the map with their own name engraved on it. One such promotion was handled by GameStop, and the other "cemetery plots" were offered to the members of Rockstar's Social Club. Only the real names of people were accepted as entries; quotes or nicknames were not permitted. The winners of the Social Club part of the contest were: Vinny D'Agostino, Raymond Lum, and Lee Merryman, while the victors chosen by GameStop were: Michael Clarke, Jeff Favaloro, and Dan Mason.
Cemetery Map was a pre-order bonus, this can now be purchased on Xbox LIVE for 160 Microsoft Points or on PlayStation 3 and PC for $2.
For Max Payne 3 Rockstar Pass holders, this pre-order bonus is free of charge via the ingame marketplace option. DO NOT purchase this content from elsewhere or you will be charged again.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 "Pre-Order Max Payne 3 from GameStop and Get Early Access to the Cemetery Multiplayer Map" on the Rockstar Newswire. Retrieved March 29th, 2012.
- ↑ "Reserve Your Own Plot in Max Payne 3's Cemetery Multiplayer Map via GameStop" on the official Max Payne 3 website. Retrieved March 29th, 2012.
- ↑ "Social Club Members: Claim Your Max Payne 3 Cemetery Map Tombstones" on the official Max Payne 3 website. Retrieved March 29th, 2012.
- ↑ "Congrats to Vinny D'Agostino, Raymond Lum & Lee Merryman: The Three Social Club Members Who Will Get a Tombstone in Max Payne 3's Cemetery Map" on the official Max Payne 3 website. Retrieved March 29th, 2012.