Attachments are used for weapons to affect the performance of a weapon, especially if used in combinations. For example, attaching a scope allows for a better weapon range, while attaching a suppressor allows for better stealth and less recoil.
In Max Payne 2 you can use the scope for MP5 and in Max Payne 3, you can use attachments (Except for Suppressor) by pressing B in PC. In order to get the attachments, you can only pick weapons with attachments from dead enemies. The first appearance of the attachment is in the chapter Nothing But The Second Best where Max is covering Giovanna from Comando Sombra with a Mini-30 equipped with a red Laser.
List of Attachments Edit
- Flashlight: Allows the weapon to aid low light target identification, allowing the user to simultaneously aim and illuminate the target, and can be turned on or off by pressing B in PC.
- Scope: A small scope which provides more zoom for better accuracy and can be turned on or off by pressing B in PC.
- Suppressor: A barrel that can silence a weapon to avoid attention, reduces damage and increases accuracy.
- Laser: It is a laser attached to the gun that points where the bullet will hit and it appears with green or red color and can be turned on or off by pressing B in PC.
- Alive If Not Exactly Well is the only chapter that you can use a weapon attached with two attachments. (PT92 with Flashlight and Suppressor).
- It could be said that FMP G3S is the second weapon attached with two attachments (Scope and Laser) in chapter 13 but the player can not see the scope attachment icon in the weapon wheel.
- Sometimes if you have Laser with a gun and reload a checkpoint, the color of your laser will change.
- Chapter 1 and 6 are the only chapters that attachments don't appear and can't be used.