Anybody Can Buy Me a Drink is the fourth chapter in Max Payne 3.
As Max and Passos escaped the stadium, Max recall his time when he first met Passos. He was constantly drinking and taking painkillers for years since his retirement of the police force. He soon met Tony DeMarco, the son of the powerful New Jersey gangster, Anthony DeMarco, and his friends hanging out in the bar, they also harass Max for being an ex-cop as usual. Max rebut Tony with insults on his family which Tony took it harshly, he threatened Max to apologize or he will be killed.
Soon, a stranger comes in and threaten Tony with a gun and forced them to leave, Tony swear he will come back and take vengeance. The stranger introduce himself as Raul Passos, a former friend of Max since the police academy and offer security work, Max refused but accepted a drink tab by Passos. Max, Passos, Marty (the bartender) and a woman soon drink and celebrate. However, it was interrupted by Tony and his friends who return and ready to kill them. Tony and the woman soon argued with Tony hitting her, Max instinctively grab the pistol that Tony left and shot Tony in the heart.
It turned into a gunfight as Max and Passos work to escape the gangsters that Tony hired who guard the bar behind. After the gunfight, Max and Passos head to Max's home for safety.
- M4 Super 90
That Old Familiar Feeling
Clear The Hallway Of Lasers
10 Gamerscore / Bronze Trophy
- Despite the quote being in the chapter itself, it has a minor difference with "anybody" is used instead of "anyone".
- The music played at Walton's Bar is Bright Lights - Gary Clark.
- The chassis of a Cognoscenti, a luxury vehicle from Grand Theft Auto IV, appears as one of the vehicles within the mafia-run garage.
- There are some similarities (not exactly but the idea only) between the level No 'Us' In This of Max Payne 2 and this level. The first part is at checkpoint 7 (after Passos leaves Max's apartment) Passos runs towards the door in front of him and the door is locked from behind. Same thing happened in Max Payne 2, with the exception of the enemies because he closed the door before they appear while in Max Payne 2 Mona killed the Cleaners before Max leaves his apartment, The second part is that one of DeMarco's goons was going to kill Max, but Brewer opens the door and instantly shoots him before killing Max. Similar to what happened to the old lady when Max walks next to her apartment.
- If Max doesn't kill all the hitmen during the watertower bullet time event, a cutscene will play where one of the surviving enemies will walk up to Max and execute him.
- If Max hesitates to shoot Tony in the very beginning of the chapter, the latter will shoot Max dead, along with Passos and retreat from the bar.
- Chronologically, this is the earliest chapter of the game despite being the fourth the player will unlock.
- This is the first chapter to include non-explosive environmental kills, that the player can accomplish via disabling a car lift while an enemy is underneath it.
- Max refers to "the Pulaski" when he notices an aircraft above preparing to land at Newark Airport. He is referring to the Pulaski Skyway, which links Newark to New York City via the Holland Tunnel. Oddly enough, Max is facing north when he sees the aircraft flying from behind him, which is incorrect as Newark Airport is south of Hoboken.