- "I'd seen enough to know Fabiana was at least alive, if not exactly well."
- ―Max Payne upon seeing Fabiana on a video tape on TV
Alive If Not Exactly Well is the fifth chapter in Max Payne 3.
Max continues the search of Fabiana Branco in the docks filled with Comando Sombra soldiers. Later in the chapter, he finds Fabiana being escorted by CS troopers. Max begins pursuing the captors and later ends up seeing Fabiana being held captive on a boat full of CS, with Serrano himself piloting the boat. Luckily for Max, Passos shows up with his boat and both begin pursuing the enemy, while Passos drives and Max defends with an LMG. A grenade thrown by a CS trooper temporarily decommissions the boat and Passos quickly moves to fix it whilst Max fends off further attackers. After Passos fixes the boat, they are back in pursuit of the enemy and Fabiana, and they have to take a shortcut in order to catch up to them again after CS members on another boat collides with them and forces them under a bridge. Passos' boat jumps a ramp through a wooden warehouse and Max pulls out a Desert Eagle and shoots some of the members before the boat falls and the engine fails. Fabiana has slipped away from Max yet again.
- Max Payne
- Raul Passos
- Fabiana Branco
- Rodrigo Branco (Picture only)
- Victor Branco (Picture and TV only)
- Marcelo Branco (Picture only)
- Camila Machado (TV only)
Something Wicked This Way Comes
Get 7 Kills While Jumping From The Rickety Boat [FREE AIM]
10 Gamerscore / Bronze Trophy
Part I Complete
Complete Part I Of The Story
20 Gamerscore / Bronze Trophy
- This is first chapter to feature the use of the FAL by an enemy faction (Comando Sombra) and optional use by the player.
- This is additionally the first chapter to include the Desert Eagle, located in a small room left of the control room Max utilitises to activate the small horizontal draw-bridge; However, whether or not the player picks up the weapon at this point, Max will automatically have the weapon equipped for the final slow motion sequence at the end of the chapter.
- Confusingly, despite being equipped with a bulletproof vest for the duration of the chapter, Max will not be protected from bullet penetration anymore than he would without it, and the same going for the vest equitable in the chapter A Fat Bald Dude with a Bad Temper.